Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Winter Windows Part I

I painted my first of two Winter Windows today.  I left around 9:30 a.m. with the temperature around 26 degrees.  Somehow I managed to get a good parking spot right next to my business.  But when I got our ladder out, I realized it would not be tall enough for me to reach the top of the window.  The owner said they were 13' high.

Since I got no answers at home to my phone calls, I drove back to get the bigger ladder.  Fortunately, my parking spot was still there when I returned.  I hauled out my stuff and got to work.

Phase 1: Tape the windows


Phase 2: After 2-1/2 hours of taping, color in between the lines.


Phase 3: Remove the tape.


Phase 4: Add ornaments.


Front doors.


After four more hours, call it a day.  I originally had more ambitious plans with some animals, too.  But the signage got in the way and the owner didn't want me to cover up some of her displays that were inside.  There are five big trees.  They kind of blend in with the surroundings from the view above.   Even though it looks simple, it took all day to do it.  I hope people enjoy it.

No comments: