Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Double Take

There are lots of things going on right now (partly why I have been so busy).  Last week I helped install Treasure Valley Artists' Alliance's new show, Double Take.  It is located at the Boise State Public Radio offices on Park Center Boulevard.


The exhibition consists of original artworks and also a gicleé print of the same artwork.  The print may be the exact same size or different.  What is a gicleé print?  I wrote an entire page of information about that for the exhibit (it's there right as you walk in the door).  But the short answer is it is a high quality, archival ink jet print.

As I was hanging the pieces, it was interesting to see the differences between the originals and prints.  In some cases, I had to ask the artist which was which.  It's a good opportunity to see these together, which I don't think you would be able to see anywhere else. You can decide if you like the original or print better.

I do not have a piece in this show as I did not want to get involved with gicleé prints at this time.  The show runs through January 5 and the office hours are Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.


No comments: