Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

First Thursday

It's First Thursday here in Boise today.  Time to go out and view some art.  It is your last chance to view Complements: Inspirations in Blue and Orange at the BSU Radio offices on Park Center.  The show will be open until 7 p.m. tonight.

I'm going to help you with your art viewing pleasure, right here.  Below is my latest acquisition of  art from the Studio Art Quilt Association's auction this year.  There were several pieces I would have liked to have and I was fortunate to get this one.

Nancy Dobson
High Desert Splendor
approx. 12" x 12"
(image posted with permission of artist)

Look at all the wonderful colors in this piece and I like how Nancy did the all-over stitching. It gives the artwork lots of energy.  It seems appropriate that I live in a high desert, although we don't have much red rock.  

You can visit Nancy's website to see more of her work.

3 comments:

kathleen probst said...

Congrats on your purchase! I enjoyed looking at Nancy's artwork on her website.

Brenda said...

Nancy's quilt was on my wishlist but it had gone by the time I woke up. Congratulations!

Nancy said...

Thanks for posting High Desert Splendor on your blog! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!