Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

What to do on a cold, windy day?

Stay inside and build a fire then,

1) Get some popcorn and a good book and read by the fire. Or...



2) Get some popcorn and work on a puzzle. Or...


3) Get some popcorn and a diet Coke and do the hand stitching on your projects while watching football! Now that's what I'm talking about.


Environmental Blog Advent Calendar - Day 2:

Still aren't done with your shopping? O.k. yesterday I suggested making something to give. On a side note, this Thursday I am doing the art lesson for Anna's class. It will be more crafty than arty as I wanted the kids to work on something they might give as a gift. I was planning on having them do a box with the technique in the picture below. But today I asked Anna to help me make the example. She got bored doing one side of the five sided box. So, I had to rethink and come up with another option. Below is a picture frame that requires weaving on only two sides. I will let the kids decide which they want to do.

By the way, that's my cute nephew in the picture. This idea came from this book:

It has ideas for using your small leftover fabric scraps. I bought it because it had some good ideas to use with the kids.

Let's get back on track. If you have to ship all your gifts like me, I suggest thinking about finding a small gift that would be easy to ship, saving you money and hopefully saving gas and pollution as the shipping companies could get more on their planes and trucks and not have to make as many trips. Better yet, mail a gift card or gift certificate. Now I know many people think this is not a very personal gift, but personally, I would love to get a gift card to one of my favorite places to shop. It could be JoAnn's, Barnes & Noble, Amazon or even Dharma Trading Co. I could pick something I really wanted or some of those weird things or odd books I like that some people have a hard time finding. You could make it personal by chosing a special place the person really likes. Or if it's a teenager, you get get one from somewhere really hip like Abercrombie & Finch or Itunes.

No comments: