Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Have a little Holly Jolly



This little holly jolly guy was something I drew while I was taking my lunch break at the museum. I scanned him and used Photoshop to color it in. I was thinking of him as a fabric postcard, but he may not make it this year.

However, I do have some other fabric postcards I'm working on. And as my gift to you, I will send out postcards to two randomly selected persons. Leave a comment here between now and Dec. 15 for the first drawing. On Dec. 16 I will put the names in a hat and draw one. Check back to see if you won. If not, try again by leaving a comment from Dec. 16 to Dec. 17. On the morning of Dec. 18 I will draw another name. Check back to see if it is you. (I will send them out as soon as possible after a name has been drawn, but no guarantees they will arrive before Christmas).


And the advent calendar tip for today is look for decorations in your yard. I have a collection of Santas I like to set up every year. I also like to put branches around them to give them a natural setting. If we cut any branches off the bottom of our Christmas tree (to make it fit in the stand), I will use those. In the past when Frank has trimmed some of our pine trees outside, I've saved some of the branches to use. This year I wanted a little more and snipped a few off the spruce tree. We also have a bazillion pine cones in our yard that can be used as decorations as well. I'm hoping to make some large pine cones I gathered from the field into "trees" and will show you pictures if I get to it.

This is my newest Santa I added to my collection this year. I purchased it while in Holland (it is Delft-ware).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Ok! I want to be in the drawing! I hope I win!

I really enjoyed the button ornaments in your last post and am in awe at how you're able to post so frequently during the busy time of raising a child and upcoming holidays and all. I'm finished with my mothering years and still can't find time to post as regularly as you.

I've had a difficult time becoming inspired with an idea for xmas gifts this year (last year I made every single gift I gave and was hoping to do the same this year). I am finally on a roll, but can't post about it for fear of giving my secret away to the recipients!

I remember you with fondness from the Nancy Crow workshop and that you generously traded fabric with me because I really (really) needed the piece that you had. Still haven't found more of it or used it but I will and will think of you when I do.

Have a wonderful holiday, Lisa, and keep up the good work w/ your blog and your mothering and your quilting and...and.....! You're an inspiration.

Cheers,
Margie Davis
freestylequilting.com

Terry Grant said...

Your blue Santa is charming. I always cover the mantel with greenery cut from the yard and poke my collection of terra cotta ornaments in amongst the greens. I brought home a big bag of pinecones from Lake Tahoe last spring to use. Love that natural look and smell.

I'd love to have one of your postcards, so I hope you'll draw my name!

Beverly said...

I have been enjoying your posts about making Christmas 'greener'- keep it up, you've got some good ideas!

And like everyone else, I'm hoping you pick my name! Merry Christmas to you and your family--