Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Buy Handmade

Oops, I've already missed a day on the advent calendar. Oh well. Here's another idea for gift giving. Instead of buying something made in China, you could buy something from an artist or crafter! There is a pledge going around on the internet to buy handmade gifts for the holidays this year. You can see all the good reasons for doing this on the Buy Handmade site and make the pledge if you want.

Below is a picture of one of the angel's I bought from Etsy. It's an online shop of artists and crafters. This angel was made by Sara Lechner (this is also her picture). I bought two, but I must confess. I bought them for myself to decorate for the holidays. But they would have made a great gift (she is already sold out of these. I missed the first batch but she told me when she was putting more up on her etsy shop so I could have chance to get one or two). There are lots of things to look at on Etsy. Or you could support your local artists.

No comments: