Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Homemade ornaments

We purchased our live cut tree this past weekend from a non-profit organization and it is now all decorated. If you have some bare spots on your tree, think about making your own ornaments.

After I graduated from college, I made ornaments for my college housemates every year for about 5- 10 years. After that, I figured they had enough to get them started. When Anna was born, I tried to make an ornament every year for her. As she got old enough we made ornaments together. I think we missed last year. But it is fun and she loves to remember when we get them out. Below are some of our homemade ornaments.

Here is a link for some cool looking paper ornaments. I also just found this link to make ornaments from photos (or you could use fancy paper). Go here to see some really cute denim tree ornaments. Other ideas include origami ornaments.




I love these button ornaments. It's just buttons and beads threaded on wire. So easy and I love the way they look on the tree. And you can do lots of different combinations. We also did some in silver and blue.

These pinwheels are easy to make using scrap fabrics fused together.

No comments: