Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yoga Bag for a Giant?

No, this is not a yoga bag for a giant.  I made this bag today to carry my artworks to the gallery where I will be installing them this Friday. (For a sense of scale, if I was standing next to it, it would come almost all the way up to my chest.)  I have three big rolls of art quilts in the bag.  There are several pieces (maybe five to six? I didn't count) on each roll.  This bag will let me carry them all in at one time and will provide a little protection.  I think I will be able to get everything inside in one trip (rods in another plastic bag; tools, labels, etc. in another). 

I did not have a pattern to follow.  I just made it up as I went along.  The fabric is some that I found at a garage sale at one time.  I bought it thinking I would cut out the flowers and use them on something, but haven't yet.  And I kind of like the fabric as it is.  So, now's it a bag that I hope will get more than one use!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I think that it is so awesome that you made something like this to carry your work in. Must have made the journey with your pieces just that much more special.