Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Two Done

I managed to finish the two auction quilts this weekend. They are now hanging up at school for a preview. It's hard to tell from the pictures but the quilting is stitch in the ditch around the sashing and I free motion outlined the major components of each block. Pretty simple, but also complete!





I've also made more headway on cutting squares for my art lesson. I just need to finish punching holes in them. I also made it to the grocery store. We bought Anna a new bike (and sold the old one on Craigslist). We also made fresh pasta for dinner.

First you make some dough, divide it into sections and then flatten it out with a pasta machine.


Then you use another attachment to slice it into strips.


Hang on rack to dry or cook right away.


There is still a costume to make. I have found a skirt pattern online that I will attempt to lengthen and hope I have enough fabric for it. I'm not sure about the shirt just yet. They had high collars and puffy sleeves in the 1800's. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The quilts look great. So colorful and fun. I just hope there is someone who appreciates them and is willing to pay a good price for them.

Mom