Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Series Comments and a New Work

Thanks to all who left a comment about my series. I enjoyed all the nice comments. I also like reading suggestions and constructive criticism as well. For example, someone said the series title didn't add anything to or tell the story of the pieces and she gave some suggestions. I did struggle with that and she has a point, so I will come up with something else. Right now I am thinking about Man's Hand on Land (I just like the rhyming of that).

Terry commented that there wasn't much contrast in the rural piece. That is something I can think about if I plan to do another piece in the series. Actually, the piece below kind of goes with the series although it is very different. This is titled Japanese Rock Garden 1. Same aerial view idea, but more specific and focused. I am currently working on a second one and went to the library to do some research and think I will be doing a series of these.

2 comments:

Monty Wilson said...

Gorgeous! I love your raked sand!

JillW said...

I love the idea of this series, as I have a fascination with maps and aerial views, but have never quite worked out how to convert that into quilts. I especially like "Wilderness Landscape" -- the river shows such movement. The Japanese sand garden is also really interesting -- so realistic at the same time that it's abstract. You've inspired me!