Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vices

I'm making a declaration here.  I am going cold turkey on drinking diet Coke and having desserts until the end of the month.  There, I said it and am now accountable to all of you.  Actually, I started this on Sunday and am doing o.k. so far.  Diet Coke is my "comfort" drink.  I think I am more emotionally addicted to it than physically addicted.  I do not drink coffee, or iced tea (sometimes I drink hot herbal tea when it's cold) so diet Coke is my go-to drink.  I've been getting the kind that has Splenda (not aspartame) in it since I saw it in the store.  But I think there are probably some other things in the drink that might not be so good for me.  It won't be too hard to give it up for a while because I've done it before and go in cycles of on again, off again.

Giving up the desserts is going to be a million times harder, especially where chocolate is concerned.  I do have a sweet tooth.  We'll see how long I make it with this one.

Why am I doing this?  To see if I can.  To become a little more healthy for a little while.  To exercise some will power of which I don't seem to have a lot.  I'll let you know how I do. 

No comments: