Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sketchbook Project

I'm sure some of you have already read about the Sketchbook Project.  I know I have read about it several times on different blogs.  The first time was a couple of months ago and I went to the website to check it out.  I thought about doing it but wasn't sure and continued on with other computer business.  Out of sight, out of mind.  Then I saw it mentioned again on a couple of other blogs.  I eventually went back to the site and decided to participate.  The first time I went, they had different themes.  The one I was interested in was geometric shapes.  But they only allow so many people to sign up for one theme.  The next time I went, there were different themes.  I chose the theme "the view from up here."  I thought that tied into a lot of what I have been doing in my artwork lately and I can continue to explore that. I received the sketchbook last week.


I wish I could be in one of the towns the sketchbooks will go to and check them out, but maybe I will be able to see some online.

Now I can't decide if I want to take the book apart and put in different pages or just leave it as is. I'm not sure.  I think I am leaning toward leaving it as is and using colored pencils, markers or pastels inside (as I don't usually use those that much) and paint the outside cover.  I really just need to jump in and get started. 

It will be interesting how to approach this sketchbook as it will be a public document.  Usually my sketchbooks are just meant for me.  I think it will make each page more of a finished work than just a sketch as usual.  I will try to document as I go along as I did not pay for the option to have them digitize my sketchbook for me.

No comments: