Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Incidental Series #3

Here is another piece in this incidental series.  I still had some green fused fabric left, but was running out of variety.  I decided to add another color - yellow.  I also had the thought to stamp some polka dots on some of the green fabric before starting this piece.  I mixed paint to try to match the red-orange fabric.  I decided to fuse it to a regular piece of fabric this time.  There is hand stitching like the others and I did do quilting on this one, although it might be too much.  I liked it a little better before all the quilting.

While I was working on this, the word circus kept coming to mind.  I think it has something to do with the polka dots and red-orange color.  Although each of the three pieces started out with the same fabrics and method of assembly, they each have a different "feel" to them (in my opinion).

I would like to do more of these with a different color set of fused fabrics sometime.  Right now, even though I still have some of that green fused fabric left, I have moved on to a bigger piece.  I've just starting pulling out fabrics and they are laying on my floor.  So many ideas, so little time.

Polka Dot Circus
hand dyed and stamped fabrics,
fused applique,
hand stitching with hand dyed thread,
machine quilted
10-1/4"x6-1/2"
© 2010 Lisa Flowers Ross 

No comments: