Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Getting Ready



This past weekend I was able to get hanging rods cut for pieces for an exhibition my work will be in at the beginning of September.  It is a two person show at the Initial Point Gallery in Meridian, Idaho (Initial Point Gallery is located on the third floor of Meridian City Hall, located at 33 E. Broadway Avenue in downtown Meridian. The gallery is free to visit and open to the public each Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, excluding major holidays).  In this venue, the artist(s) are in charge of hanging their own art (with some volunteer help).  This is no problem for me since that is what my job as curatorial assistant at the art museum entails. Carlos Palacio and I will be installing our work on Sept. 10.

I have all the hanging rods cut.  I need to attach the d-rings.  Wall labels are made and ready to go.  I have a few labels to put on the backs of artwork and a couple of hanging sleeves to sew on.  I think I am in pretty good shape.  I'm planning on bringing lots of work, but will probably not use all of it since I have only half of the space in the gallery. I will do the layout when I get there and see what works.

There will be an artist reception on Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. I think we artists are also in charge of the refreshments for the reception.  I have some thoughts on that but will worry about that after installation.

No comments: