Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hemingway & Women

While I was at BSU for the Opening Doors exhibition,  I also got to see the Hemingway & Women exhibition which is on display in the Special Events Center.  This exhibition was put together by my friend Amy Nack and is a portfolio of prints that explores the relationship of Ernest Hemingway with women. Twelve Boise artists each created a print based on this theme.

Disclaimer:  All these photos are not great.  The artworks are framed with glass and there is a wall of windows and glass doors opposite the artwork.  This should be inspiration for those in town to go view them in person.
















 Hemingway and Women, drypoint by Judith Lombardi

This artwork above is probably my favorite of the exhibition.  I love the expressions on the faces.

I did not realize until I grouped these photos together here below, that they all use a similar color scheme in their print.  They are not displayed side by side at the venue, but obviously the colors help make it a more cohesive group.

 Love's Dark Sister Fills in All the Forms, drypoint on monotype by Odessa Leedy

 Characters in Search of a Role, mixed print media with chine collé by Maria Carman Gambliel 

An Onion, three color relief by William Lewis

The exhibition will be up through July 12th.

No comments: