Thursday, November 1, 2012

Personal Logograph Series

After completing test piece #2 for my logograph series, I decided that the background fabric needed to be one whole piece.  I didn't want to have any seams.

For test piece #3, I used some hand dyed fabric for the background and then added some color with my oil paint sticks.  Originally, I was still planning to paint over the background.  But I liked how the oil paint was.  So I didn't.

So then I tried to get the "halo" effect with a white paint stick around the figure.  It is very subtle.

Personal Logograph #3
hand dyed, hand painted and commercial fabrics,
fused and machine stitched
9-1/8 x 9-1/8"
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross

I wasn't ready to move onto the larger piece, yet, because I still wanted to paint over the quilting lines.  This test piece wasn't the final answer.  Test piece #4 tomorrow.

No comments: