Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Art in San Francisco

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving day and weekend.  We did.  And the only shopping I did on Black Friday was at the grocery store (it's a good time to go).

Now, I would like to share some of my pictures from our trip to San Francisco.  While there, we went to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.  Here are a few of the things we saw.

This is a Keith Haring sculpture outside near the museum.

I have been thinking about creating some pieces with only neutral colors.  Here are some good examples for inspiration.  The first is Violin and Candlestick by Georges Braque.

This one is Constructivisit Painting No. 8 by Joaquin Torres-Garcia.

A small lithograph print called Acrobats by Paul Klee.


The Girl with the Green Eyes by Henri Matisse.


This is an installation and I didn't get the artist's name.  The lights on the ceiling must have motion detectors because they swiveled around when you walked through the room.
This piece reminded me of a quilt and I think the idea was very interesting.  You can try to read the label below. 


Sculpture by Alexander Calder on the roof.

No comments: