Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Personal Logograph Series

In my last post, I showed you my first test piece for the Logograph series and explained why I wasn't happy with it.

On my second test piece, I decided to try zigzag stitching the background pieces together hoping to create a flatter edge so that the paint would go over it more evenly.

I also decided to try using commercial fabrics to see what more pattern/variation would be like in the background under the paint.  Once again, I fused on the black shapes and stitched them down.  I did the free motion stitching and painted over the entire background.

Here is how test piece #2 turned out.

 Personal Logograph #2
commercial fabrics, fused and machine stitched
9-1/8 x 9-1/8"
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross

The zigzag seams were a little better, but I still wasn't happy with them.  I did better with the contrast of the "halo" effect and making it more noticeable.  But I wasn't there yet.

Tomorrow - test piece #3.

No comments: