Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

BOSCO Part 2

On Sunday, I went to one more open studio on the BOSCO tour.  I visited Betty Maguire Hayzlett's studio.  She is a member of the Treasure Valley Artists Alliance and I have actually met Betty previously.  Kathleen and I have been trying to arrange a studio visit with her and our schedules just haven't worked out.  When I saw her name on the list, I figured I would just go this weekend.

Betty's studio is a small space attached to her garage which she shares with her husband who paints.  She works with fibers and felting.  She had a nice display of some of her pieces in the garage.


This is a floor standing piece.


In Betty's studio, she had this wonderful shelving system full of yarn and fibers.  I enjoy seeing how other artists organize their supplies, especially when you can see them all.



Betty also built this special table for her wet felting.  It slants down a little so all the water can run down to the corner where she has a little drain installed.  I think it is a great idea and makes her work easier.


Three studios was all that I had the time and energy to visit this weekend.  But BOSCO does this event twice a year.  So, there is always another opportunity.



No comments: