Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Thick Dye

Last week I tried using thickened dyes for the first time.  I tried it on some silk organza.  I was in a bit of a hurry to make sure I was doing it on our last really warm day and, therefore, didn't really have a great set-up.  But here are some of the pieces.  I drew lines with a squirt bottle.

Below are two pieces side by side.

Since I used organza, when I layer them I can create new patterns.  These are three separate pieces.

This is a piece that I just folded back on itself at a 90 degree angle.  There are lots of possibilities to create patterns by layering several pieces.
The last one is two different colors layered on top of each other.


I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with these.  But hopefully, I will find a use for them sometime.

1 comment:

kathleen probst said...

The 2 pieces in the top pic are my fav. Very fun tangent to explore :)