Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Quilting Close-up


I really want to show you all some art.  But I need to set up a photo shoot and get some pictures first.  I have been working on some things.  So here is a close-up of the quilting on Color Fields #14.  There is a lot of close stitching on this one and on Color Fields #13, of which I am working on right now.

I realize I haven't done this much free-motion stitching in a while.  My shoulders get really tense when I do this kind of stitching.

I will post the finished kitchen pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dianne M. said...

Lisa, how do you do it!? You say you haven't free motion quilted in a while, but this is BEAUTIFUL. I wish you had posted more pictures of the stitching close up on this. Do you go REALLY slow or something? Your stitching isn't as wiggly as most free motion quilting I see (even with professionals). What kind of a machine do you free motion quilt on? When you retrace your stitches, I can't even tell you've done it, the stitches being so totally on top of each other. I LOVE your work. I just haven't said anything in a long time. -- Dianne (Oklahoma)