Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Masters Art Quilts Vol. 2

Have you seen this book?  I was fortunate to win a copy on one of the blogs Lark Crafts had on their blog hop to promote the book.  It was so exciting for me to win this book.  I have since received it and have read it already.  It is a really nice book with lots of great pictures.

I was familiar with some of the artists in the book, but many were new to me.  There are 40 artists and each has a one page essay written about their work by Martha Sielman.  Then there are up to nine pages of artwork images for each artist.  Some image pages also contain quotes from the artists themselves.

It was interesting to read how they worked.  Quite a few used raw edge appliqué.  I like to piece my work because I like that nice graphic line.  I always think it would be quicker to work with an appliqué technique.  But I digress.  There are many different techniques and styles represented in the book.

Now, I think I need to get the Vol. 1 book.

No comments: