Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Concert #2

Last night Anna and I went to see the Plain White T's in concert (her second rock concert) at the Knitting Factory in downtown Boise.  I have never been there before.  It is a fairly small venue.  It's an all ages place, unless they specify otherwise for certain events.  Anna got two big black x's marked on the backs of her hands because she was under 21.  I got the yellow wrist band to indicate that I'm slightly over 21 and could purchase alcohol.

There were a few tables, but of course we did not get there early enough to stand at the front of the line to get one (they may have already been taken by VIP people anyway).  No cameras were allowed, but I did take a picture of Anna with my cell phone.  We found a table upstairs to sit at while the three opening acts were playing (I think one would have been plenty).  You can see some of the technical equipment and the lights above the stage behind Anna. It was after 10 p.m. before the Plain White T's made it to the stage.

At that point we did go downstairs so we could see them, but had to stand in the "pit" the whole time.  They rocked and I didn't mind standing because then you could dance a little and you could actually see their faces.  The majority of the people in attendance appeared to be females under 21. 

At one point, the lead singer asked how many people were old enough to go out after the show.  A few of us "old" folks raised our hands. Then he asked how many people were young enough to still have fun without drinking.  That was everyone else. 

I'm glad we got to see them, but both of us were really tired today.


No comments: