Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

It's Here

My new Mac Book arrived a few days ago. I will have to learn a lot to adjust to this new system. I don't have much experience with Apple products. I have an obsolete iPod 4G Nano. I've played Angry Birds on Frank's iPad2. But the one thing I have noticed is that I think they are brilliant in the way they package their products. It is almost a work of art in itself.

When my box arrived, I had one side with tape that I needed to slice to open it. Then here is how it looked inside.


No peanuts, extra stuff - just very neat and clean. I am using my Mac now. But still have more to figure out. New programs to get. I'm disappointed because I cannot get Microsoft Publisher for the Mac. I believe my husband said I could before I decided on a computer. That is the program I use the most. Any suggestions for substitutes?

The other thing I'm trying to get use to is the keypad. The buttons are flatter than on a regular keyboard and it is hard to type on it with long fingernails. My fingernails are usually long because I just let them grow until one of them breaks, then I trim them all. The keypad also seems a little closer together ( but maybe it's not in reality). Also, there is a delete button, which is equivalent to a backspace button on our other keyboard, but not a button that will delete the character in front of the cursor (like the delete button on our regular keyboard). I used both buttons before but now will just have to get used to the one button on the Mac.

I was hoping that Blogger would function better on the Mac, but it doesn't. I still have to go back and forth between the new and old editor to be able to get the pictures to load.

As with any change, there are new things to get use to.

No comments: