Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dyed Colors

I finally have all the dyed fabric ironed and folded.  The first photo shows the few pieces I did flat on the table.  The second yellowish color and the brown are not very solid at all.  The two color piece does have some lines from the plastic which you can't see from this picture.


The next picture shows the colors I did in containers, but the fabric was pre-soaked in soda ash because I thought I was going to do mostly the flat dyeing.


I also pulled out some of my previously dyed fabrics that I didn't think I would use because of the color, too much mottling or that were too similar to another piece and over-dyed those.  I dyed them the way I usually do in a container with Ann Johnston's method. (The soda ash water is poured on the fabric after the dye.)  I'm much happier with those pieces now.


The last photo is all of them together.  Now I hope these and what I have in my stash will last me until next summer.


1 comment:

kathleen probst said...

Putting the soda ash in first really changes the immersion method, eh?

I like the re-dyed pieces. Wish I could see a before after photo of them.

Yay for getting your dyeing in whilst your house was inundated with construction!