Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mini Gardens

At last I have some art to show you.  Before we went on our trip to Ireland, I got together several small pieces of work that I knew was going to need hand stitching.  It always takes a long time to get to Europe (usually over 24 hours) from Boise.  We spend a lot of time getting to the East coast.  Then usually wait in the airport a long time until the night flight across the ocean.  I knew I would have a lot of time on my hands to do something. 

I did get some hand stitching finished, but not as much as I had hoped.  (Because when you have your own little monitor on the airplane seat, you can watch movies and play games as well.)  Below is the first piece completed in this little series.  I am hoping to order some frames in which to put each piece of the series, since they are so small.

Mini Rock Garden
hand dyed and commercial fabrics,
hand applique and machine pieced,
hand and machine quilted
approx. 10"h x 6"w unframed
© 2010 Lisa Flowers Ross

No comments: