Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

First Thursday

I realize that it is already July 19th (where has the month gone!) and I am just getting around to writing about Boise's First Thursday that was on July 1st.  First Thursday is a day when the museums are free and the galleries are usually open late and have refreshments available.  I do not usually go out for First Thursday as I'm not fond of crowds.

But for this July, I did because it was the opening of the Art Source Gallery's Annual Juried Show in which I had an artwork that was accepted (Winter Birches).  I wanted to see the show and the other selected works.  It will be up until the end of the month if you want to check it out.

In the late afternoon, Anna and I rode our bikes downtown.  Our first stop was the Boise Art Museum so that Anna could see the Audubon prints that are on display.  Then we had dinner at The Brick Oven Bistro (that we still call The Beanery).  We parked our bikes and walked over to the new location of Brown's Gallery and also saw some of the Artists in Residence in the same building.  Afterward, we walked to the Art Source Gallery, which I was happy to see had many people.  I tried to get a few pictures but it was crowded.  I didn't get any of my piece but here are some others.


Growing Strong by Betty Maquire-Hayzlett

Sublime Beauty by Delia DeLapp

I don't have the name of the artist who did this bug.  It was a nice juxtaposition with the shiny metal bug sitting on the rusted metal piece.

Then we headed back to The Basement Gallery to see what the new owners had on exhibit.  I don't know why "Ernie" was riding his bike down the street, but he was.


Even with the crowds, I enjoyed our art date.

No comments: