Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Quotes Galore

Yesterday I mentioned my quote book.  This is an old book of mine.  It started as one of those diary books with lined pages.  I'm sure I got it in the bargain section of some bookstore and liked it because it has an oriental design on the cover.


The date on the first page is Feb. 1986, my senior year of high school.  The first few written things were just thoughts of mine and a few poems.  But then I started writing in quotes or sayings I like (and probably some hallmark greetings, too, I'm sorry to say).  And that's when it became my container for quotes.

I've written quotes in it all these years.  I started with one quote on each page.  When I reached the end of the book, I went back to the beginning and started writing one quote on the back of each page.  I'm almost to the end of the book again and will go back and start writing more than one quote on each page.


I like to go back and read through it once in a while. I have also used it for inspiration for my art.  But it's not the only book I have.  Here is my collection of quote books.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I really like this idea. It's great that you have all of them consolidated in one book. Mine are scattered in several small notebooks.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you've managed to hang on to it all these years through college and moves. Good job.
And dating when you put in each is great also. Helps us remember what "called" to us at each stage of our lives.

Mom