Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Blue, White and Black

I can finally show you my latest artwork.  I was playing along with the Twelve by Twelve group's recent theme: Blue, White and Black. My piece is obviously not 12"x12". 
Winter Birches
27-1/4"x40"
commercial fabrics and fabrics hand-dyed by artist,
 machine pieced, machine quilted and hand stitching
©2010 Lisa Flowers Ross
$400

 detail of stitching

This piece has a lot of quilting on it and took me awhile to do.  Although you may not be able to tell, there are three different variegated threads in the blue areas.  On the birches, I also used three different colors of thread.  There are hand stitches on the birches and in the blue areas. 

Go check out all the wonderful quilts the Twelve by Twelve group did, too, by clicking on their name.

6 comments:

Kristin L said...

Thanks for playing along! Birches are the quintessential blue white and black, aren't they?! Nicely done. I like your hand stitched details.

Diane Perin said...

Ooh! Thanks for playing with us! This is lovely -- such strong lines, gorgeous colors, great stitching. I wish I could see it in person!

Amy Pence-Brown said...

Lisa,
This piece is just beautiful! Great work you have been doing lately. Also, thanks for coming to the swap; it was nice to see you!
-Amy

Terry Grant said...

Beautiful, Lisa! The birches are a natural, but so nicely done. Not cliche birches at all.

Françoise said...

This is lovely.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Very lovely! It's so fun to see another quilt following the color schemes from the Twelve by Twelve group.