Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

In the Hood

Yesterday was mostly spent ripping out seams and re-sewing. But it was a very nice day so I decided to take a walk down to the pond (read: drainage ditch).  I thought I would try to get some pictures of the brown grasses.  Lots of red-winged black birds like it there.  You can't always see them, but you can hear them.

The grasses had lots of interesting angles, but the position of the sun made it hard to get many pictures.  But look what I found on the ground!


A skeleton leaf! I've seen where you can buy them for collages.  And I've seen instructions on how to make a leaf into a skeleton leaf.  But I don't think I've ever found one before.

Anna was with me and we decided to walk back through the "field" (reserve area).  The rocks had lots of beautiful colors.





The hills are alive with funny faces.  Of course right after I took this picture, she had a nice smile on her face.

No comments: