Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Yellowstone Impression Do-over

The saga of the Yellowstone Impression quilt continues. Let's review! First, I made this piece below.


Then, after it was completed and I had already sewn the facing and sleeve on, I decided it wasn't quite working for me. So I played on the computer and got this image below, which I could not possibly make in reality. But it showed me I needed to do something else.

And now, I have cut up the original piece and have made it into two completely different pieces. The first one is below and I am happy with it. The original idea is much more abstracted here.

The four horizontal sections are where it is joined together. (Someday I'll show you how I did that.) The yellow/peach strips were hand appliqued on since I could not piece it in.

I am finishing up the second piece which used up the leftover pieces and is also quite different.

1 comment:

Sherryl said...

I think you have 2 great pieces now. The original one didn't really have a focal point. It was balanced but without much personality. The new pieces sing now. You were brave for cutting it up but the results show you did the right thing.