Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Impressions


Yellowstone Impression
63-1/2" h x 37" w


This is a piece I just finished. Sorry the photos aren't great. It is pretty big for me. I don't like working big because it is so much harder to do the quilting on my regular home sewing machine.

I had an impression of some trees when we were driving through Yellowstone. There was a stand of dead pines that were either burnt or diseased, but sprinkled throughout were some Aspens with their bright yellow leaves. I do not have a picture of it. It is just in my head and I drew a very abstract sketch of what came to mind at the time. This is the result.

It might need to be cut up and rearranged. I'm not sure. I'm thinking of doing a smaller variation of this as I have some more ideas. What is your impression?

No comments: