Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cuttin' Up

As I have cut up the last two big quilts I have made and reworked them (into something better, I think), I have to take a moment to figure out what I have learned.

Here's what I have learned:

1) How to attach two quilted pieces together with two different methods.

2) I need to spend more time with the completed piece, "processing it", before finishing up the edges and sewing on a sleeve.

3) I would rather take the chance cutting into something to make it better than have it sit in a closet and bug me.

4) Even if I ruined it and came up with nothing, I could always use the fabric to make a tote bag or something.

5) The computer is a handy tool for working on composition, even if it is only to print out pictures that can be cut up and pasted back together.

No comments: