Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Two More

Despite the fact that I have finally caught the cold that has been going around Anna's school and I feel quite horribly, I managed to put this together this weekend and finish it.


As I have been following the artists of the Twelve by Twelve group here, I thought I might play along. There are twelve artists that will be making 12" x 12" art quilts with different themes. I guess they will eventually end up with 12 different quilts. Their first theme was dandelions and it was interesting to see all the different interpretations. I had an idea for the dandelion fluff and thought I would try it today.

Here is what I started with - a piece of light yellow cloth. I sandwiched it with batting and stitched on the "fluff" with white thread. It's a little hard to see in the picture.


Then I did the paint roller technique over the stitches. After that I added the background swirl stitching as I didn't want to see the yellow fabric with those stitches. Here is what it looked like.


Then I added a little more color with oil crayons and some slight shadows on the fluff. Here is the finished piece (without the edges finished yet).


As you can see, since I'm not in the 12x12 group, I decided not to use the 12" format.

No comments: