Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's starting to look like ...

something fun!


For about the past five years, we have gotten Anna a Playmobil advent calendar for December. The calendar had people and pieces that went with a scene. Anna loved them and used them to make her stop-motion animated videos (you can view here). Every year the last piece would be a Santa Claus. We have about five of them now. This year the Playmobil company changed the format. They have a calendar for girls and and calendar for boys and they are not Christmas themed. (I think this is smart to have two different ones if you had two kids.) Seeing as how Anna is not really into the fairy-tale princess, pink unicorn thing, I wasn't sure about getting it. I asked her if she would like that (or the boy knight themed version) but she seemed hesitant. I said maybe we could find something else or I could make a calendar. We saw a Littlest Pet Shop calendar but it had only three of the pets and Anna already had some of them.

So, above you see the start of her calendar, along with a new, huge tree skirt and some postcards I've started. The numbered pocket idea came from the "AllSorts" blog by Jenny Harris (you can see it here). She also has a pattern for the pocket. Her pockets were on a string, but I didn't know where I would put a string. Therefore, I sewed them onto felt with the stiff Pellon interfacing attached. I just did that tonight and now I need to add some more decorations. Anna asked me if I had stuff to put in the pockets. I said, "Oh, you put stuff in the pockets?" Of course I have stuff to put in the pockets!

No comments: