Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ready for Winter

The weather has become more autumn-like with cooler temperatures and some rain. Winter is on everybody's mind. Anna is wishing for snow already. While we were out shopping this past weekend, Anna found a "Heidi" hat that she liked. How could we not buy it for her when she looks so adorable in it!? It does have the ear flaps which will be nice on cold days walking to school. Her fleece hat didn't cover her ears.


Frank is ready for snow and winter as he has bought himself a new pair of skis and has properly pumped his anticipation by watching this year's Warren Miller ski movie.

I am ready to re-focus as well. It doesn't have much to do with winter except that I don't feel as guilty staying inside and working on projects when the weather is cold. I am in the finishing stages of getting the rest of my graduate school application and portfolio ready to send in. Below is my very unprofessional set up for taking pictures of artwork (I really need some light stands!) Once I finally have everything sent off, I'm ready to work on holiday projects, finish up some old projects, work on some house projects and other stuff. I might even finish the flannel quilt I started several years ago for Anna's bed. (My sister, niece and nephew all have a bed quilt I made for them. My mom has a twin size quilt to put at the end of her bed, but poor Anna has none. Neither do I, for that matter. Maybe I'll work on that. I already have the fabrics.) There are lots of misc. things I look forward to doing now that I can re-focus my attention for a little while.

No comments: