Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Snippets

I am a collector. When it comes to something that might have some potential someday for some kind of artwork, I have a hard time getting rid of it. Shells, beads, scraps of paper, wire, polymer clay, buttons, candy wrappers, hardware, etc. With fabric, at what point does the scrap become too small to use and must be thrown away?

Today I discovered that the fusible scraps seem to never be too small to throw away. Here are some notecards I made with scraps still sitting on my ironing board from the previous Fabric on Paper pieces (see earlier posts).

The postage stamp on this is one that someone had printed on sticker paper and sent to me with some ATCs .


This purple one might still get some hand stitches.


This one reminds me of a doorway to some exotic house in a far off land. I did not plan that on purpose. I also didn't notice that the stamp was upside down until I had scanned it. I wanted the postage mark to go up to the left. It is a real stamp. On the paper, you could use the fusible web as well, but I used Liquid Fuse (which is now called something else). I found out about it from Terry Grant's blog.

No comments: