Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Lazy Day?

Today I feel as though not much has been accomplished. I guess we need those kind of days to wind down. We took a long bike ride this morning, going all over town, stopping to have lunch at the Roosevelt market, which is across the street from Anna's school. It is a neighborhood market.



Having some fuel in our stomachs, we headed back home up the big hill. Since we live in the foothills, we always have to come up a hill the very last thing to get home. There are two ways to go: the longer, curvy not-as-steep hill (if you live here you know it as Shaw Mountain Road) or the shorter, steeper road (Shenandoah). Usually we take the longer way as the climb is more gradual. Today Frank wanted to do the shorter route. I find it very hard to get up the hill this way. I see others struggle on bikes, too. Sometimes I see them walking the bike. That's what I figured I might have to do as well.

But much to my surprise, I was able to make it up without stopping. Now, I do have to say that I had to do switchbacks on the steepest part, but that just means I went a farther distance, right? However, it really took the energy out of me. So, I haven't done much but play volleyball with Anna in the yard and work on the computer since.

No comments: