Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Playing with Fire

Literally! This morning I went to the art museum thinking I would be working on the computer doing a collections project I'm working on. As soon as I walked in the door someone said to me, "Don't take your coat off, we're going outside." I didn't take my coat off since I did not have one on and went to find out what we were doing.

What we were doing was having a fire demo. There was a guy there to show us how to use the fire extinguishers. He lit a contolled fire in a trough and each one of us, the entire staff, practiced using the extinguishers to put out the fire. I think most of us wanted to keep the fire going for a while because it was a very chilly morning!

Then, we got the rest of the fire drill, so to speak: what to do if there is a fire in the museum, where all the alarms are, where the exits are, whose in charge of what, etc. I guess the fire was the most exciting part.

No comments: