Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sabino Canyon

I wanted to share a few more pictures of our hike in Sabino Canyon.  These are more about the details.

The plants with the long, skinny, spiky branches were really interesting to me.  And I like how they frame the small rock in this picture and echo the lines in the rocky hillside.

It is surprising how much green is in this picture.

I don't have very many bright clothes, but I need to remember next time I go hiking to wear something brighter.  Anna and Frank had on red shirts and I could see them a mile away in the landscape.  As you can see here, I blend right in.  I think bright clothes would be better in case something happened (like getting lost).



Part of what I like about hiking or cycling when we travel is that I see the details I wouldn't normally see driving by.  The landscape from afar (or not even very far), like those pictures in my last post, just looks mostly sage and tan.  But when I get to walk through, I notice there are other colors and a variety of plants.

It looked like this tree trunk was cut into.  I liked the pattern of the lines.

I don't know what this plant is, but it reminds me of a pussy willow for some reason.


1 comment:

Del said...

In the top image the skinny branches are ocotillo which spends much of the year looking like dead sticks. Del