Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Give & Get Holiday Sale

This Saturday I will be participating in a "pop-up" holiday sale.  I'll be popping up a small table or two to sell some of my smaller artworks.  I also am planning to bring my sewing machine to be able to work on something and show people how I do free-motion stitching.

The brainchild of this event is my friend, Reham Aarti.  You might remember that Reham and I were the featured artists together at Silvercreek Art in November.  Reham creates mosaics.  She has been working at her house but wanted to have a separate studio.  So she organized a new artists studio cooperative in a warehouse space in Garden City.  I think there are 5-10 artists that will have their studio in the space.

Here is what it looked like a few weeks ago.  It will be transformed for the holiday sale!


The studio artists and others, like me, will set up shop for one day only.  All the artists will donate a portion of their sales to a charity of their choice.  My charity is Charity:Water.  I created a press release for the event and sent it out to the local papers.  The Idaho Statesman posted about it on their website.

People will also be able to make a mosaic ornament ($8) or picture frame ($25) with Reham.  The group is also collecting outerwear for refugees at the event (which will be given to the International Rescue Committee - Boise.  The Livestrong Artist-in-Residence Cancer group will also have arts and crafts available to help raise money for their program.

I think it will be a good time.  Hope you can stop by, if you are in the neighborhood.  The address is 413 E. 37th St. in Garden City.  Look for Door #3.

No comments: