Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Thick Dye

I have been pretty busy the last couple of weeks getting ready for my opening at Silvercreek Art and I am a little behind here posting about some things.

Last week, I spent another day in Weiser playing with thickened dye with my friends Linda, Thea, Sue and Trische.  Linda is generous with her knowledge and letting us play in her studio.  She showed us some things to do with thickened dye.

Here, Linda is preparing a screen for deconstructed printing.

Thea is printing circles with a found object.

Trische is using thickened dye on a Gelli Plate to create a mono print.

This is a piece of practice fabric.

Here are a couple of Trische's mono prints.  For the one on the right, she "scraped" thickened dye on top of the mono print.

This piece of fabric is printed with a screen that had bubble wrap pressed into print paste to create the texture.  It was printed in blue.  Then, different colored dyes were "scraped" on in sections.




























I am embarrassed to say that I have yet to rinse out my fabrics.  I will post them when I do.  I found that I liked drawing with the thicken dye in a bottle and that is what I did on most of my fabrics.

No comments: