Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Quilts=Art=Quilts 2014

With all the different social media platforms, it's sometimes hard to keep up with what information has been put where. In addition to this blog, I have a personal Facebook page and a business Facebook page for my art stuff.

On Facebook and in my newsletter, I mentioned that I had two artworks, In Vein II and Foliaris VI, juried into this year's Quilts=Art=Quilts exhibition (and now I'm mentioning it here).  This past weekend was the opening reception and awards ceremony.

My friend, Kathleen Probst, won a Juror's Choice Award for her artwork, Dipped Dimension.  This is the second year in a row one of her artworks has won an award at this exhibition.  I am proud of her!

The Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center, where the exhibition is being held, has posted a list of the award winners with images on their website (scroll down the page to see them).

They also posted some pictures of the reception on their Facebook page, including this one where you can just see part of my In Vein II in the background.


























More pictures have also been posted on a community site here.

It is nice for those of us who can't actually travel to the event for them to post some pictures.

The exhibition is up through January 4, 2015. If you happen to be in the Auburn, New York area before then, you can see it in person.

No comments: