Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

People in Hawaii?

If you were viewing my photos from Maui and didn't know better, you might think it was an uninhabited place.  Where are all the people?  Well, yes, there are people there and, in fact, we were there with quite a few of our very own people; Frank's parents and both of his sister's families.

I've had a request for people photos.  I don't actually have a lot of people photos (as a percentage of the whole).  I'm often too busy taking pictures of plants and scenery, among other things, and I sometimes forget to take people pictures.

I am definitely more drawn to objects than to people.  I'll be the person walking down the street noticing the pattern on the manhole cover instead of the people walking past me.  In fact, if my sister-in-law hadn't told me that Halle Berry was at the table right next to us in a restaurant with her daughter and financé, I probably never would have noticed.

I do like people and sometimes I remember to take photos of them.  When I do, I don't always like them posed.  Like these:

Dinner all together at a restaurant.

Anna looking out the lava tube.

Peggy, my mother-in-law, enjoying the view.

Our picnic lunch at the beach.

Anna learning to make a bracelet from tea leaves.  Allen helped her while I took pictures.

Anna and her aunt Mary at the luau.

Frank and Anna wandering the grounds of the visual arts center.
Sometimes there are posed pictures and occasionally I will remember to ask Anna to take a picture of me and Frank together or ask someone to take a picture of all three of us.

Anna and Frank in Lahaina.

A rare picture of all three of us.

Three of the four Peoples, sporting their Peeps shirts. (Ben was in another car.)

My brother-in-law, Allen, and my niece, Jessica.

Jessica at the Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant, where Halle Berry was also having lunch.

Hey, a picture me and Frank together.

Me in Patrick Dougherty's sculpture.
Most often the people pictures I have are of Anna and Frank's backs.  That's usually because I am lingering to take a picture or look at something and they just keep on going.

Frank at the fruit stand.

Frank heading to a snorkeling spot.

Frank and Anna.

Frank hiking up the trail at Iao Valley State Park.
And I even took some pictures of Hawaiian people at the luau.




Wow! That was a lot of pictures.  I hope you've had your people fix for the day.

No comments: