Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

In Stitches

Not too long ago I was excited to be asked to write an article about my Personal Logograph series for In Stitches, an interactive, electronic magazine.  My article and video are in Vol. 10, which is now available.  You can see a preview and/or purchase a copy for $7.99 at the Interweave store here.


My friend, Kathleen Probst, also wrote an article, too.  Her work is pictured on the third square from the top in the photo above.

In my article, I talk about the trial and error process I went through to figure out how to paint over stitching using Personal Logographs #1-4 as test pieces.  The video shows the technique of painting over the machine stitching.  As a continuation, you can see the actual steps I used to create the large piece, Personal Logograph #5, that I posted on my blog previously (this part is not in the article).

Here is a look at Personal Logograph #6, which was on display during Textiles x Two last year.

Personal Logograph #6
hand painted and commercial fabric, paint,
machine appliqué, free-motion stitching
32-1/4 x 44-1/2"
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross
$900


And here's Personal Logograph #7
Personal Logograph #7
commercial fabric, paint,
machine appliqué, free-motion machine stitching
48 x 38"
©2012 Lisa Flowers Ross
$1200


No comments: