Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kilauea Colors

May 1st was the reveal day for the Twelve by Twelve group's latest color challenge.  (Go to their page to see all the interpretations.) The colors were Hawaiian volcano colors: chartreuse, oranges, reds and grays.  That combination of colors was very interesting to me. One day while I was going through some of the pictures on my computer, I found this one again.

I thought it had a similar color scheme and used it as my inspiration for my "play-along" piece.


Sorry the photo is not so great.  Since I just made the piece today, the edges are not finished.  I will take a better photo when I get the edges done. It is a bit different than the sketch I did first.  I started piecing it and decided that would take forever.  This is all fused. I started with the vertical orientation, but in the end, I liked this horizontal.  My mind might change again after the edges are finished.  I think I will call it Yucca.

6 comments:

Diane Perin said...

Wow! Fabulous lines and colors! Thanks for playing along!

Kristin L said...

I really like the movement you have in it and the rusty oranges. It actually reflects the colors of the red dirt and fields of green near my house!

Terry Grant said...

It is beautiful! Love the elegance of the lines.

Françoise said...

This is so beautiful! I love it.

Karen said...

I like your interpretation Lisa, the colors are great.

Dianne M. said...

I LOVE this, Lisa. I'm enjoying looking at your work. -- Dianne (Oklahoma)