Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ridin'

This morning I went for a 22 mile bike ride.  It was in the low 50's and rainy.  I had a long sleeve shirt and my rain coat and was fine, going with the wind.  Coming back against the wind got a bit chilly and I was thinking of hot chocolate on my way home.

I didn't bring my camera with me, because it was raining.  I didn't figure I would want to stop and take pictures.  But I did want to.  I thought I could use my cell phone camera, but after searching my bags, realized it was still sitting in its plastic baggie in the garage at home.  So no rainy day pictures today.  But good training.

I saw a deer along the river, lots of Western Tanager birds, a new type of duck I haven't seen before, small white caps on the river,  several marmots, a wild rabbit, and a beautiful little patch of wild poppies and other flowers on the side of the bike path.

Below is a picture, taken on my cell phone, from my long ride over the weekend, the day after the snow.  The snow is just about gone from view now, but the weather is still cool.

1 comment:

carin said...

Such a gorgeous view. Low 50's and rainy? You'll be well ready for Eire!