Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bits and Pieces III

I had a bumpy start to the week, but now that we are on the "hump", I hope it will be smooth sailing the rest of the week.  I would have liked to have gotten this up sooner, but it is here today.

This is another bits and pieces work. These bits had fusible web on them, so the entire design is fused.  I like fusing because it seems a little freer in the shapes you can cut.  I didn't cut any curvy shapes with these bits because some were already in a stripe pattern.  Since it is basically straight lines, it probably didn't need to be fused.  But those were the bits that were laying around.  So I think maybe I need to try something like this with piecing, too. There is something I really like about a pieced line.

This piece doesn't have a lot of quilting on it.  I just did a random grid across the entire piece.


Bits and Pieces III
11-1/4"x12-1/4"
fabrics hand-dyed by artist
©2010 Lisa Flowers Ross

No comments: