Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Breakfast of Artists

What is the breakfast of artists?  I don't think it's Wheaties.  Maybe it's cold pizza.  This artist made a new discovery for breakfast that I will share with you.  I do not consider myself a "foodie" and I really don't enjoy cooking.  That's mostly why I have cereal or oatmeal for breakfast. 

One morning this week, I was fixing one of the usuals: five grain oats with milk, microwaved for about a minute.  Since these are the regular oats, I usually add a spoonful or two of some homemade blueberry jam, that's a bit on the syrupy side, to make it a bit sweet.  Since I had used up a jar of jam, I decided to add dried cranberries and a tablespoon or so of dark chocolate chips, after heating.  Delicious!  The chips melt and it kind of tastes like warm oatmeal cookies.  And it's healthy, right? A yummy way to start the day.

No comments: