Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Self Portrait


Self Portrait in Brown
11-1/2" x 11-1/2"
2010

This is a piece I made this week for a collaborative project our new artist alliance is doing for First Thursday next week  I talked a little bit about this project in my previous blog post "A is for ..." 

That letter "A" is also for the same project.  Members can do a letter (T,V,A, A for Treasure Valley Artists' Alliance) and/or a self portrait.  I did both because I wanted to try this self portrait technique by Maria Elkins which is shown on the Quilting Arts TV series 400. 

The pieces are mounted on a 11-1/2" square board because they will all be hung in a giant grid outside the Modern Hotel.  I stapled this around the board and maybe when they are done with it I will take it off and finish it in a regular, rectangular way.  But I'll have to figure out some way to cover the holes I cut in the fabric to go around the eye screws.

I would have used green fabrics as that is one of my favorite colors, but I thought green might just look a little sickly.  



Maybe a turquoise color would have been o.k.




Does the picture look familiar?

1 comment:

Jane DeChambeau said...

Lisa: I love this. I want to see it in person! I am sorry I missed it at the Modern. I think I would have recognized you.